Jane runs creative and fun Yoga classes for children privately at venues in Beckenham and also as an after school activity in local primary and secondary schools. Please contact Jane to book.
Children’s yoga is fun, creative and non-competitive, and the use of animated poses and basic stretching exercises promote strength, flexibility, coordination, self confidence and body awareness. Breathing and visualisation techniques teach children how to focus, relax and develop self-control.
Benefits of kids yoga
– Yoga invites children to re-affirm their uniqueness and personality in an environment where there’s no competition or inadequacy.
– It helps children develop a deeper understanding and awareness of their bodies. This awareness helps create positive attitudes, develops confidence
and self-acceptance as well as respect and tolerance of others.
– The quiet, focused, unhurried nature of Yoga and breathing practices encourages children to create their own calming and relaxation techniques
to apply in moments of stress, frustration and anxiety in today’s life.
– Whilst being excellent for developing physical co-ordination, yoga increases mental focus and concentration.
– Yoga is being used successfully to help children with ADHD, hyperactivity, and special needs.
What will the classes be like?
Each class will include movement, rhymes and stories, games and simple breath work.
Guided relaxation, using simple stories and relaxation techniques appropriate to children, will also be a part of each class.
The class will be between 30 to 45 minutes long.