Pregnancy / Pre-Natal Yoga & Pilates Fitness – Old Sarum, Salisbury
Please book online beforehand. Class details here below:
Jane has a wealth of pregnancy exercise teaching and birth preparation experience, and guides you through safe pregnancy exercises and relaxation techniques to help support you during this amazing transformation. During pregnancy is one of the best times to do yoga and pilates as it’s a safe exercise, and the body is naturally more flexible. You and your baby will feel the benefits from the exercises, stretching and breathing. The classes are suitable for all levels; it’s relaxed and informal, with modifications for all stages of pregnancy. You can start anytime from 12 weeks and continue up until baby is due 🙂
Regular practice helps to condition your body and prepare you for the birth, and can aid in a speedier and healthier recovery afterwards. (See benefits section). The class will help alleviate any discomfort, swelling, or pain you might be feeling and will make you feel more relaxed generally.
It is also a great opportunity to socialise with other pregnant women, share tips & support each other in this most precious time of your life and have that social network for after pregnancy!
Benefits of Pregnancy Yoga/Pilates
– Special exercises for pregnancy, preparing you for an easier, less traumatic labour & birth
– Strengthening, conditioning, stretching and toning your body
– Develops bonding with you & your baby
– Help allow sufficient space for your baby to grow healthily and move
– Helps lower blood pressure
– Helps you sleep better, as relaxes the central nervous system and calms you
– Is ideal for strengthening muscles and joints in a safe and non-impacting manner
– Helps promote circulation of blood to baby, your digestion and elimination
– Releases stress, anxiety & tension – mentally, physically & emotionally
– Brings about feeling of relaxation, happiness, calmness and increases mental focus
– Quicker and healthier post natal recovery – for body & mind
Prices & Bookings
All classes can be booked online directly from the Class Schedule. Single session £12. Block booking of 6 is £60 and for 10 it’s £95. Please contact Jane for more details or if you have any questions.
Venue and Time
Classes run every Tuesday evening from 6.30pm to 7.30pm and every Wednesday evening from 7.30pm to 8.30pm, at Old Sarum Community Centre, Old Sarum, Pheasant Drive, SP4 6GH. A lovely, modern and airy venue with parking right outside. (5 mins drive from Salisbury centre, and 5 mins drive on A345 from Amesbury).
What to Wear/bring
Loose fitting clothing, such as leggings, or tracksuit bottoms, that you can easily move around in
Yoga/fitness mat. I sell mats in various colours, (£21) if you need one – can be purchased in the booking class section
Water for after the class.
Terms: Block booking of classes is consecutive and once booked is non-refundable.